What is Xcpc ?
Note there is absolutely no support for Microsoft Windows operating systems and there never will be. Please do not ask me to add such functionality.
Xcpc is designed to emulate classic range of the Amstrad CPC systems :
Here is a non-exhaustive list of supported features :
- A simple Athena user interface.
- A complete Motif2 user interface.
- Full X11 with XShm extension.
- Adaptative frame-rate.
- Full Floppy disk images support (.dsk).
- Full snapshot support (.sna).
- Drag and Drop support (.dsk, .sna).
- Keyboard emulation (qwerty, azerty).
- Joystick emulation with the numeric keypad when numlock is disabled.
- Joystick emulation by pressing the « End » key (the use arrows + ctrl + alt).
- CPU: Z80 with full documented instructions and most undocumented instructions.
- VGA: Video Gate Array 40007/40008/40010, complete support.
- VDC: CRTC 6845, almost complete full support.
- PPI: PPI 8255, almost complete full support.
- PSG: AY-3-8912, partial support (actually no sound is produced).
- FDC: FDC 765A, complete support.
The emulator lacks some features. Here is a list of the most wanted features :
- Sound support.
- A Gtk+ user interface.
- A Qt user interface.
- Host Joystick support.
- A built-in assembler.
- A built-in debugger.
Xcpc requires an X11 server and the X Toolkit Intrinsics.
The user interface is selected at compilation time and can be either Athena or Motif2.
The following libraries are mandatory.
libX11 X11 client-side library libXext X11 extensions library libXt X11 toolkit intrinsics library libXmu X11 miscellaneous extensions library
Theses libraries are optional. You have to select one of them. We recommand you to install the Motif2 library.
libXaw Athena widget set, version 6 or later libXm Motif2 widget set, version 2.0 or later
Theses libraries are optional and are just for compressed disk images.
zlib Compression library with zlib algorithm libbz2 Compression library with bz2 algorithm